This past month we dipped ourselves into some Dallas culture by attending the North Texas regional cocktail competition for the “Texas Heritage Master of the Mule” at DEC on Dragon. Sponsored by Ketel One Vodka, this well established spirit has been an entity to spirits around the world for over 300 years.
Established as a family owned business with over 11 generations of family lineage of distillers, Ketel One Vodka has passed their belief from generation to generation. Created by its founding father - Calous H.J. Nolet Sr, Ketel One vodka came to be what we now know as an exceptional spirit and its popularity with the vodka of choice in a moscow mule.
Get the details
- Ketel One vodka comes from 100% wheat that is milled and fermented.
- It's a super-premium vodka that is crafted from small batches using copper pot stills.
- Every bottle of Ketel One is approved by a member of the Nolet family before production.
- The bottle was designed in the style of an original Dutch stone spirit bottle.
- The neck of the bottle was increased in height so that bartenders could get a better hold of the bottle.
MIX AND MINGLE
master of the mule
During the event, Ketel One conducted a competition amongst some of the best bartenders in Texas to compete for their chance to be crowned as Master of the Mule. Each contestant was given the opportunity to interpret their own personal heritage into a drink recipe of their choice to present to a panel of judges.