As a way to solve this problem, I was suggested to try a product by Jamberry that basically works as a substitute for custom nail art. Almost like a sticker! It takes half the time of getting a manicure and I was able to easily do the entire process in less than 10 minutes.
How It Works
2) I matched my nail to the nail wrap that fits best. Unfortunately, I have a wider nail, so mine didn’t fit as well. But they do offer a wide variety of sizes from their catalog or online (note the wrap should never hit the skin around your nails).
3) Peel the nail wrap from the backing with tweezers or a wooden stick (I found tweezers worked best). Warm the nail wrap with a blow dryer using a warm setting until the wrap feels soft and flexible. As a tip, try not to touch the adhesive with your fingers.
4) When warm, press the wrap onto the nail. Apply firm pressure all over the wrap to adhere the wrap of the nail. Use the rubber cuticle pusher to seal the wrap around the edges, at the tip and the base of the cuticle.
5) Immediately after placing the wrap on your nail, trim the wrap on top using scissors. Use a nail clipper to trim the nail slightly at the top and file if needed. As a tip, make sure to file downward.
6) Apply light heat using your blow dryer and strong pressure again to make sure it stays. As you can see, mine stuck just fine. It’s also important to not get your nails wet after 12-24 hours after applying.
Here's a little video tutorial produced by Jamberry Nails to give you a little more insight.
How To Remove
The removal process suggested that you remove the nail wrap by soaking your nails in warm olive oil, coconut oil or warm water. I personally decided to keep my nail wrap on for almost two weeks and it actually stayed on the whole time! I skipped the step of the removal process and peeled it off myself with no problems.
The Jamberry StyleBox
See this video for more details (video provided by Jamberry).
Host Your Very Own Jamberry Party!
Overall, I would say that I really enjoyed using this product and it was super easy! I would definitely recommend this product to anyone that is short with time and wants her nails to look fabulous with very little effort.
A special thanks to Lindsey Dowdy, Jamberry Nail Independent Consultant for suggesting this product to me.
I encourage you to visit her website at lindseydowdy.jamberrynails.net for any additional information on ordering or setting up your very own Jamberry party.
Your Plus One, Amy